Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting closer to what I want

These next two portraits are of my two kids, Andrew and Emma. This was also sort of a random photo shoot on the fly. When I first shot these pictures, I really like how I was able to capture the natural expression of the two children. No cheesy smiles, or goofy faces, they were just kind of them. Of course these were shot back in the day when the camera was a neat new thing, now I can only get their pictures with high priced bribes.

But one thing I really liked looking back at this, was the lively nature of the background. I wasn’t thinking about posing, I wasn’t thinking about backdrop I was just focused on capturing the moment of personality. But without realizing it, even though the background offers some compositional issues, I like how non-blah it is. The background is their home, their environment.

I think though the years, I have sort of drifted away from this sort of energy, trying to control my environment so much more. Maybe I should let loose a bit more. It just creates a much more intimate portrait of the person. It gives me some ideas to experiment with in the future.



No comments: