Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Realization of true portraiture

This is one other photo I felt I had to post. This was actually not an official photo shoot, I was over at my parent’s house, and their neighbors had cows and horses etc, and they had kids close to the same age as my kids, so we were over there checking out the animals exploring. Of course I shot this photo because I can’t resist a portrait.

But I soon realized how much a natural setting can complement the portrait. I loved how the kid had the baby calf in a near headlock; it was so much of his personality. This little rough n’ tuff kid, broken arm from falling off a trampoline, still doesn’t mind getting rough with the calf. And the shorts and cowboy boots really cap it off.

But this photo made me realize how much a natural home environment could add to a portrait. Had this boy been in a studio, you would know so much less about him. But in this picture, so much is stated about his personality and who he is, in a portrait fashion.


No comments: